Prof. (Dr.)Mahesh Patil
Dr.Mahesh Patil received B. Tech. from IIT Bombay in 1984, M.S. from the University of Southern California in 1987 and PhD from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1992, all in Electrical Engineering. He was involved in fabrication of HEMT's and Monte Carlo simulation of compound semiconductor devices at the University of Illinois. He spent one year (Dec 1992 to Dec 1993) at the Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi in Tokyo, where he worked on simulation of MOS transistors. From Jan 1994 to June 1999, he was with the Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Kanpur. Since June 1999, he has been with the Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Bombay. His current research interests include device simulation and circuit simulation.
- Circuit simulation
- Semiconductor device modelling and simulation
- Real-time simulation of power electronic circuits and systems
- University of Illinois: as a graduate student, worked on fabrication of HEMT’s and Monte Carlo simulation of compound semiconductor devices (1987-1992).
- Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Tokyo: as a Visiting Researcher, worked on simulation of MOS transistors (1993).
- Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur: as a faculty member (1994-1999).