Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune a highly commendable private institute, occupies a place of pride amongst the premier technical institutes of the western region of India. Established in year 1983, financed and run by the Bansilal Ramanath Agrawal Charitable Trust,Pune. It is affiliated to Pune University. Within two decades, the institute marched towards the pinnacle of glory through its remarkable achievements and laurels in the field of engineering education of a high calibre. According to Indian mythology, 'Vishwakarma' was a divine architect-engineer. It is believed that He fashioned this world with His rare engineering skill. The Trust adopted this name with a vision to develop engineers of high caliber, who could take up challenges of any type of an engineering job and make it a grand success, guided by originality and professionalism.
The campus boasts of lush green lawns that provide an ambience and a serene atmosphere of ancient Gurukuls far from the madding crowd. It has got 17.625 acres of land, out of which 7 acres as academic building area and 10 acres for playground, hostels and staff quarters. Available built up area for the entire institution is 32,198 sq. mts
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology hereafter called, as ‘The Institute’ is one of the leading autonomous Institutes affiliated to University of Pune. It is started in 1983 with an objectives to impart quality technical education for the overall development of students and latest need of Society in general and Industry in particular.
- The Institute is running 9 under graduate, 8 post-graduate & 6 Ph.D. Programme which are affiliated to University of Pune.
- Institute is worked as “Centre for admission to direct second year after Diploma” for 10 years on behalf of Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai.
- Institution is selected under the word bank project TEQIP Phase- I i.e. Technical Education Quality Improvement programme by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- Institution is awarded ISO 9001-2008 certified by BSI, India.
- The Institute has been granted autonomous status from academic year 2008-09.
- Institute is two times (2003 & 2007) accredited by National Board of Accreditation, AICTE, New Delhi.
- Prof. M. R. Khadilkar (1984-1994) & Prof. H. K. Abhyankar (1994-2010) are Ex-Principal of this institute.