Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune, a highly commendable private institute, occupies a place of pride amongst the premier technical institutes of the western region of India. Established in the year 1983, financed and run by the Bansilal Ramnath Agrawal Charitable Trust, Pune. It is affiliated to the University of Pune . Within three decades, the institute marched towards the pinnacle of glory through its remarkable achievements and laurels in the field of engineering education of high calibre. According to Indian history, 'Vishwakarma' is a divine architect-engineer. It is believed that He fashioned this world with His rare engineering skills. The Trust adopted this name with a vision to develop engineers of high calibre, who could take up challenges of any type of engineering job and become successful in the chosen career.
The campus spread over 17.625 acres of land, boasts of lush green lawns that provide an ambience and a serene atmosphere of ancient Gurukuls far from the madding crowd.
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology hereafter called, as ‘The Institute’ is one of the leading autonomous Institutes permanently affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University . It was started in 1983 with an objective to impart quality technical education for the overall development of students and the latest need of Society in general and Industry in particular.
- The Institute is running 9 under graduate, 8 post-graduate & 6 Ph.D. Programme which are affiliated to the University of Pune.
- The Institution was selected under the world bank project TEQIP Phase- I i.e. Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- The Institution is ISO 9001-2015 certified by BSI, India.
- The Institute has been granted autonomous status since academic year 2008-09 and has autonomous status upto 2020.
- The Institute was accredited ('A' Grade ) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore from July 2013 for the next five years.