The Bajrangdas Lohiya Central Library of Vishwakarma Institute of Technology was established in 1984. The main object of Bajrangdas Lohiya Central library is to support the educational & research programmes of the Institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the institute.
The Bajrangdas Lohiya Central library consists of Reference Section, Journal Section, Reading Hall and Stack-Room. The library has unique collection of Encyclopedia, Handbooks, Textbooks, Journals, Video Cassettes, CD'S, B.I.Standards, Video courses etc.
The Bajrangdas Lohiya Central library uses SLIM 21 software. This software consists of modules of Acquisitions, Cataloguing Circulation, Serial Control, Article Indexing and WEB OPAC. Circulation system of books is based on Bar-Code.
Salient features of library:
- Open Access System for all our students and staff
- Internet / Multimedia / Scanning / CD Write facility
- Reprographic facility
- Bar – Code based Issue / Return facility
- CD Server facility
- Book bank facility for reserve category students
- On line Public Access Catalogue facility (also available on intranet)
- On line journal facility – 1) Science Direct 2) I.E.E.E. 3) A.S.M.E. 4) Springer Electronics 5) McGraw Hill Access Engineering Library 6) J-Gate 7) DELNET Total= 4651 Journals
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology Library offers membership to Industries, Corporate Houses and Organization in public and private sector on request.
- NPTEL 120 Video Courses on various subjects
Bajrangdas Lohiya Central Library Resources:
|1.||Encyclopedias, Handbooks, Textbooks, E Books||63400 + 2,695 dept library books = 66,095|
|2.||International Journals / Periodicals||10|
|3.||National Journals / Periodicals||160|
|6.||Audio / Video Cassettes||90|
|7.||NPTEL Video Courses||120|
Bajrangdas Lohiya Central Library Membership :
Membership to Industries, Corporate Houses and Organisations in public and private sector on request.
Membership with borrowing facility per annum Rs. 5000.00 (5 Membership Cards)
Deposit (Refundable) for borrowing facility Rs. 5000.00
Bajrangdas Lohiya Central Library Working Hours :
Circulation Section Timing :- Monday to Friday 09.30 A.M. to 7.30 P.M. and Saturday 08.00 A.M. to 04.00 P.M.
Reading Hall Timing :- Monday to Saturday 08.00 A.M. to 09.00 P.M.
|Phone Number :-||020-24202263|